3 - 4 years
Bright Beginnings Develop And Grow
opening a whole new world for our Shining Stars’ achievements.
Bright beginnings develop and grow,
opening a whole new world for our Shining Stars’ achievements.
A Space Designed For Small Group Interaction
Our Shining Stars are full of wonder and spend their time observing and exploring the world around them. They love to play with words and language. Because preschool children are moving into cooperative play, the classroom centers are designed for small groups of children to interact with each other and to allow them to refine their social skills.
Children Have Room To Practice Until Perfect
Fostering foundational skills to allow preschoolers to expand their horizons and seek out information by exploring new territory in a supportive secure environment is our number one goal. Our teachers understand that they learn through repetition and provide a variety of hands on learning activities that allow children to practice and master our Shining Star curriculum goals.
Your Child Uses Imagination To Spark Creativity
Creativity blossoms is our Shining Star’s classroom. The art, dramatic play and music areas are extremely popular choices. Shining Stars are frequently practicing skills, trying new things and use their imagination help understand the world around them and interact with their peers.
Degreed Teachers Expand Your Child’s Learning
Our degreed, experienced, well-trained teaches are the fundamental foundation to what makes our preschool program above the rest. This standard sets the pace for the confidence providing self-reliance skills that only a degree in early childhood education can provide.
exciting Themes Help Your Child To Soar
Focused around weekly themes, your child will flourish both creatively and culturally through a variety of annual events, including exciting in-house field trips, splash pad days, extracurricular activities, holiday parties, celebrations, STEAM science night and monthly home economics projects.
Performing Arts Play Encourages Expression
The introduction of the performing arts at our annual preschool play lets your child be a star for a day. Our little performers will surprise and delight you as they show off their acting skills. Evidence shows that Theatre Arts activities support early childhood development in the following ways:
A Center That Meets Children Where They Are
An eco-themed classroom creates an adventure for our Shining Stars. Everything is at a child’s height and size allowing support for our Shining Stars journey to independence. Bright, beautiful rooms with patterned carpets, enchanting wall murals, natural lighting and ecofriendly amenities create an exemplary learning experiences for your preschooler. These two spacious classrooms provide large learning centers full of educational toys and equipment for children to rotate through during our curriculum time.
Shining Star Interactions
Our Shining Star Interactions allow more independence while still providing security and support from caregivers close at hand.
Our teachers understand how to create an environment that balances the two as it supports growth and development in social and emotional areas. Below are some of the many ways that our qualified teachers will meet your child’s individual needs:
Developmental Goals For
Our Shining Stars
- Attend to communication of others
- Uses a wide variety of words
- Responds to increasingly complex language from others
- Understands, follows, and uses appropriate social and conversational rules
- Expressed himself in more sophisticated ways
- Uses verbal and non-verbal language to communicate
- Follows two-step directions
- Recognizes letters of the alphabet
- Understands how print is used
- Explores the role of print
- Asks and answers questions about a book that was read
- Retells a story in their own words
- Writes for a variety of purposes
- Identifies and attempts to write first name
- Engages in positive relationships with adults
- Participates in cooperative play with other children
- Uses basic problem-solving to resolve conflicts with other children
- Expresses a broad range of emotions
- Expresses care and concern toward others
- Recognizes self as a unique individual
- Expresses confidence in own skills and positive feelings about self
Social and Environmental Studies
- Identifying and appreciating similarities and differences in basic social groups
- Identifying members of immediate family and their various roles
- Recognizing and appreciating traditions and languages of other cultures
- Identifying various roles within the community
- Recognizing the American Flag
- Discussing homes
- Beginning to see how personal actions affect the environment
- Using creativity and imagination to think of new ways to use old objects
- Becoming aware of waste and personal usage
Math and Manipulative
- Knows number names and count sequence
- Recognizes numbers
- Knows the number of objects in a small set without counting
- Compares numbers
- Understands and creates simple patterns
- Describes attributes of items
- Sorts items into groups based on color, size or shape
- Know names of common shapes
- Compares groups of items to understand more and less
- Begins to develop an understanding of the passage of time based on their daily schedule
Sensory, Science and Technology
- Observes and describes different objects in their environment
- Engages in scientific talk
- Makes predictions
- Plans and conducts investigations and experiments
- Identifies the five senses
- Compares and categorizes different objects in their environment
- Begins to understand different life cycles
- Describes how the weather affects our lives
- Identifies items in the daytime and nighttime sky
- Uses technological resources to problem-solve, communicate and illustrate
Large Motor Development
- Demonstrates control, strength, and coordination of large muscles
- Walks and runs with control and balance
- Jumps and climbs on playground equipment
- Throws and catches a ball
Small Motor Development
- Demonstrates increasing control, strength and coordination of small muscles
- Uses fingers to manipulate a variety of materials
- Traces and cuts different shapes
- Begins to make letters in large spaces
Health and Safety
- Demonstrates self-care skills
- Understands the importance of personal hygiene
- Has a knowledge of personal safety practices and routines
- Understands that food is a need
Hear What Parents Have to Say…
"They gave us the most precious gift a working parent could ever ask for"As a parent, there's nothing more reassuring than to see your child confidently walk to their classroom and almost forget to hug you goodbye because they're ready to play and learn.
"There is also an app that the teachers document diapers/potty, meals, naps and even pictures"We LOVE Star Preschools! When we lived in San Antonio before moving to the Austin area, we took our daughter to a daycare there where unfortunately we learned that you get what you pay for.
"they have an actual CURRICULUM; the teachers are INVESTED"We started Star Preschools in the fall of 2019, and it is a complete turnaround. My daughter is excited about school, she never wants to leave at the end of the day, and she adores her teachers.
"The school is so organized with their lesson plans and theme days"The teachers are top notch! The facility is bright and fun. I love that they get to spend time in the library, theatre room, art room and cafeteria instead of staying in one classroom the whole day.
"I love the reports and pictures I receive from the teachers throughout the week"We appreciate how clean the school is kept, and for us, that is a huge plus. It is so difficult to keep germs under control with kids, so we are happy the school makes an extra effort to keep the facility clean.
"They accommodate for what we need and want for our child Two weeks in at Star Preschools and my 3 year old was caught up on counting"The teachers, administrative staff, chef, and everyone that works there feels like family.
"Star Preschools has already helped so much with her socialization skills"The way they are able to tend to every baby’s need and keep track of who needs to be fed, changed, needs a nap, wants to be held or rocked, who has a food allergy, etc. is simply amazing!
"They are organized and put together and you can tell"They are organized and put together and you can tell everyone is very well trained and that is something that is reassuring when you decide to leave your brand new baby for the first time.
"I absolutely believe we made the right decision with Star Preschools."The Infant teachers have been so wonderful to our family. I absolutely believe we made the right decision with Star Preschools.
"Very cooperative and friendly staff"I love their toddler team. Very cooperative and friendly staff! My kiddo is doing great there and it seems like he is learning so much each day.
"We’ve had experience with other places and Star Preschools has been our favorite"Our son loves his teachers and is always smiling when I pick him up at the end of the day. Teachers from other classes know his name and it makes it feel more like a family.
"Star Preschools staffs and principals worked hard to welcome him"You can get a daily report through their app, with photos and all details about your kid at school. Definitively, I do recommend Star Preschools to all families that care about your kid security, health, development, and care.
"she has learned more than I can imagine a 2 year old would know!"Star Preschools has completely erased any doubts I've had and provided such a loving, educational, and nurturing environment for my baby girl! I am truly grateful for the caring, energetic, and kind staff that works here and would recommend them to anyone looking to get their child into a schooling program.
"The teachers are amazing & the place is clean."The teachers are amazing & the place is clean. Can't ask for much more than that! Oh & my 2 year old already knows his alphabet, numbers, colors & shapes! That's all thanks to Star Preschools.
"my children have had a wonderful, loving experience"Thanks to the wonderful staff, from the principal to cooks to teachers, my children have had a wonderful, loving experience.
"Thank you for all you do for Starboard Academy to providing a great learning environment for our children, with the right people."We hope Starboard has an awesome teacher appreciation week - You are all so very appreciated, especially in a time like this with a pendamic.
"We are so happy that Starboard Academy opened up in Plymouth!"We couldn't imagine another facility being so considerate and conscientious about mackenzie's food allergies. You have gone above and beyond to make sure mackenzie has healthy meals, snacks, and treats that she can enjoy safely.
We can't say enough good thing and this card isn't big enough. We love the communication, photos and updates from the Kangarootime App. Both of my kids have grown so much and excited more than we could have imagined. Mackenzie comes home singing a new song each week, and can even identify some letters and numbers and she's not even yet! Jamison can identify all of his letters and numbers in reading and writing and knows his letter sounds. He is really going to miss your school, especially the infamous PIRATE SHIP PLAYGROUND. Thank you for all you have done!